Artist Julian Kamzol, better known as mygale, is one of the most well-respected tarantula photographers in the world, with a huge following amongst the arachnid community. ArachnoGear has partnered with him to make some of his work available for purchase, in what is known as The mygale Collection. A large portion of the sales price goes back to mygale to support the production of more beautiful works of art.
People who love dogs purchase dog calendars. People who love beaches purchase beach calendars. People who work at companies may have a company-issued calendar. What about tarantula lovers? Now, thanks to the work of mygale, you can have your very own 2018 tarantula calendar! There are already plenty of calendars out there, so why should you buy this one?
- State of the art quality: It was completely designed with professional equipment, professional software and edited on professional hardware. This means no boring loveless drag and drop in online editors, no phone pics.
- Higher print quality: It’s printed with over 350 dpi, instead of the usual 300 dpi.
- Additional information for every image, over 1.000 words written by scientists.
- Over 40 images, instead of only 12 in other calendars.
- With 17×11“ it’s also bigger than others.
The calendar includes:
- Cover (13 images)
- 1/18: Metal-Halogen Biomaterials (10x macro)
- 2/18: Grammostola (3 images)
- 3/18: Tarsal Claws (10x macro)
- 4/18: African Tarantulas (4 images)
- 5/18: Omothymus schioedtei
- 6/18: Poecilotheria (5 images)
- 7/18: Ybyrapora diversipes
- 8/18: Aviculariinae (8 images)
- 9/18: Dolichothele diamantinensis
- 10/18: The Dwarfs Among Spiders (8 images)
- 11/18: Theraphosa blondi
- 12/18: Brachypelma (8 images)
- Back (9 images)
354 dpi | 14 pages, 17×11“ (~43x28cm) | 42 images in total. 6 posters / 6 pictures | The species names are listed on the calendar (except Aviculariinae)
This calendar is available in a limited quantity of 100 pieces, and additional copies will likely not be stocked. Order your calendar today for shipping in the first week of 2018.